The Mighty Hawks is a soccer team aimed at athletes with special needs. The reason it was created was to give a chance for children with special needs to participate in soccer. In February of 2017 the Board of Directors of The St-Lazare Hudson Soccer Club (seeing that there is a lack of services of this type in the area) decided to launch the development of the program. After consulting with Special Olympics Quebec, The Mighty Hawks became the newest member of the SLHSC and Special Olympics Families.
- Athletes will be divided into groups according to their abilities. The drills will work primarily on motor skills, teamwork and self-esteem.
- The plan is to have 1 coach for every 2 players (depending on availability of coaches and level of players).
- Parents are welcome to help out. We ask parents to remain at the field with their children.
- Our coaches are trained by and must be registered with Special Olympics. All of them have p a passion for teaching soccer and physical training.
- Sessions will last 1.5 hrs. (including a small game.)
- It is the aim that The Mighty Hawks will also play against other clubs with similar programs.
Cost is 75 $ (50.00 CSSLH and 25.00 for special Olympics registration)
Registration will be at the practice or in person at the club office during open office hour
Bring the following:
- Player’s Medical Card.
- Completed affiliation form.
- Completed questionnaire
- Check payable to SLHSC, or cash in the amount of $50.
- 25$ Special Olympics fee could be paid at first practice.
- The summer Program will run from June to September, winter is October to May
- It will take place every Saturday (Time and place according to availability)
BECOME A VOLUNTEER
If you would like to volunteer for this great cause, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to have you be part of our team!
The Mighty Hawks would like to thank our sponsors for their generous support.