The Mighty Hawks is a soccer team for athletes with special needs. This program is supported by Special Olympics Quebec.
The program is open to all children aged 4 – 21 yrs. It aims to provide a safe and fun environment where athletes with special needs can grow both athletically and character through the game of soccer.
- Athletes will be divided into groups according to their abilities. The drills will work primarily on motor skills, teamwork and self-esteem.
- The plan is to have 1 coach for every 2 players (depending on availability of coaches and level of players).
- Parents are welcome to help out. We ask parent volunteers to remain on the field with their children.
- Our coaches are trained by and must be registered with Special Olympics. Most of them are professionals in the special education field with a passion for soccer.
- Sessions will last 1.5 hrs (45 minute practice followed by a 45 minute game).
- The Mighty Hawks will also play against other clubs with similar programs.
- Registration will be in person at the club office during open office hours.
- Bring the following:
- Player’s Medical Card.
- Completed affiliation form.
- Completed questionnaire.
- Check payable to SLHSC, or cash in the amount of $50.
- Program will run from June 17 to August 26, 2017.
- It will take place every Saturday from 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- There will be a Team Pizza Party on Saturday, September 9, 2017 (time and place to be determined).
- Games will be played at Saddlebrook Park (2448 Rue Woodbine, Saint-Lazare, QC).
Become a Volunteer
If you would like to volunteer for this great cause, please send an e-mail to [email protected]. We would love to have you be part of our team!
The Mighty Hawks would like to thank our sponsor for their generous support.